Session 5 - Life after Treatment: adjusting to a ‘new normal’ for you and her
This session will provide a forum for brainstorming challenges, knowledge exchange as well as coping strategies.
Presentation will include:
- Post-treatment: “Why isn’t she getting back to ‘normal’?” – cancer as a life-altering experience for the individual AND her family. Each experience is unique and valid.
- Understanding long-term impacts of treatment i.e. fatigue, body image, sexuality, fertility, menopause brain fog, etc.
- Addressing the subsequent impacts on a couples’ relationship – physical, emotional, sexual, and psychological.
- Hope changes: how to share your changing perceptions of hope, the future, and also dealing with losses.
- Recognizing need for additional support as individuals and/or as a couple i.e. professional counseling or therapy
These topics will be addressed during this conference and will be followed by a question/answer period.
DOWNLOAD OUR FREE CAREGIVER COMPANION for families supporting loved ones with breast or ovarian cancer.
Watch the Partners in Care Cancer Series : Caregivers, survivors, and health care professionals talk about the importance of the caregiver in the breast and ovarian cancer journey. Part 1 – Part 2 – Part 3 – Part 4