Session 7 - Living with a Gene Mutation: Impact on the family
This session will provide an overview for those facing a high risk of hereditary cancer diagnoses with the intent of offering information, practical and supportive resources.
Presentation will include :
- Understanding hereditary breast and ovarian cancer, and the impact of a genetic mutation diagnosis
- Understanding the emotional impact of being diagnosed with a genetic mutation
- Communicating with immediate family e.g. telling your kids
- Communicating with extended family – who and how
- Living with uncertainty – coping strategies for the individual and family
- Understanding risk management options
These topics will be addressed during this conference and will be followed by a question/answer period.
DOWNLOAD OUR FREE CAREGIVER COMPANION for families supporting loved ones with breast or ovarian cancer.
Watch the Partners in Care Cancer Series : Caregivers, survivors, and health care professionals talk about the importance of the caregiver in the breast and ovarian cancer journey. Part 1 – Part 2 – Part 3 – Part 4